Identify changes in family structures and relationships in contemporary society. Evaluate sociological theories and arguments that attempt to explain them.
Your analysis and evaluation should include the following:
• The influence of culture on different types of family structures
• Same sex relationships and gender roles
• Changes in the law
• Changes in attitudes and norms
• Class differences in family structures
• Changes in child-rearing
• Shifts in power relationships within the family
• Contemporary ideas of what constitutes a family [1500 words]
This needs to focus on DIVORCE more so than any other topic.