Renaissance to Restoration
Paper, Order, or Assignment Requirements
Answer the following essay questions (I will later give you the exact word count, but aim for 500 for each answer. Remember to answer them in an essay form)
The following link is the full text of Edmund Spenser’s The Faerie Queene, Book 2 incase you need it:
1) is there a moral to Wyatt’s poem, “They Flee from Me”?
2) In what way does Lady Mary Wroth imitate Sir Philip Sidney, and in what ways does she differ? (Pamphilia to Amphilanthus: 1, 16, 40, 45) you will find it in the document attached titled “Lecture 4”
3) Discuss Edmund Spenser’s didactic technique with reference to his letter to Sir Walter Raleigh and the Faerie Queene itself.
4) Compare Edmund Spenser’s use of allegory in Book ll of the Faerie Queene with John Donne’s use of Conceit (the poems we read were: 1) A Valediction: Forbidding Mourning 2) Holy Sonnet 6 3) The Sun Rising
5) Discuss Donne’s use of paradoxes (Hint: examples include, but are not limited to, distance and nearness in “A Valediction: Forbidden Mourning, the death of death in “Holly Sonnet 6”, and the entire world in a single room in “The Sun Rising”).
Please answer these as 5 different essays. prioritize essay questions 1, 4 and 5