Periodic Reporting and Expanded Disclosure
Paper, Order, or Assignment Requirements
answer a decision case
EMC Limited is currently having private discussions with Elco Ltd about a possible merger.
Will this require disclosure under the continuous disclosure rules as you have studied them
please follow this structure
• Step1: State your position with a short justification
• Step2: Reasons, research and examples to support your position
• Step3: Reasons , research and examples for rejecting the alternatives
• Step4: Conclude by restating your position in light of your arguments
Example structure for Response to Decision Case.
Introduction – State the problem – don’t just restate the case , and clearly indicate your decision/opinion.
Context/Scene setting -give any relevant or necessary background information that provides context to your case. This should be short and provide a framework in which to structure your augments. Some level of knowledge can be assumed.
Body – These are the arguments that support your case.
- Set them out logically so it’s easy to read, understand and your work flows. Always explain your argument and be clear why or how it supports your case (make the link between the argument and your opinion!).
- Think – WHY is this important, WHY am I making this argument, HOW does it support my case.
Limitations/counter arguments – Acknowledge any limitations to your arguments or counter arguments that exist, this shows understanding of the whole case and the issues – remember it’s never black and white!
Conclusion -Wrap it up and restate your decision and why you made it.