Organizational Development & Change in the merger of dubal and emal companies in united arab emirates
Paper, Order, or Assignment Requirements
The purpose of this research project is to provide you with an opportunity to apply the theories, models, and concepts we learned to an actual business situation. You must discuss at least five change theories that were studied in class.
Write about “Emal & Dubal Merging in UAE”, for the purpose of studying an Organizational Change situation.
Theoretical Framework and Topic Statement: In this section you are expected to describe in detail the context of the research, and your research question.
Outline for the purpose of the project and why Emal & Dubal Merging in UAE was chosen, 1 page maximum summarizing the objectives of your project
One page in which you summarize your research. It will include the objectives, methodology, and the findings.
What are the sources of the data? Did you do a survey/interview/observation? Did you get the data from websites? Discuss
Here you will describe the methods you chose to use in order to reach your objective which is to find pertinent answers to the questions you developed in the topic statement. In the case of an empirical project (in which, for example, you would need to give a questionnaire to individuals or companies) you will be required to describe the sample’s characteristics. Moreover, you need to be clear about research designs (quantitative or qualitative; descriptive or coloration; or primary or secondary).
4. Background of the Organization & Change.
• Brief history of the Emal & Dubal
• What was the Organizational context for change?
• Why was the change initiated? What were the driving forces and what type of strategic renewal was it?
• Who were the various parties / stakeholders involved and implications of change for them?
5. Culture of the organization
• What was the original culture (of the four type: clan, bureaucratic, entrepreneurial, market driven)
• Had it changed any?
• How did it help or hind the change effort?
• How robust and or adaptive was it?
6. The Change effort itself
• Using one of the models (Kotter’s eight Stage Model), evaluate the change effort
• Explain the positive and negative aspects of the change effort
• How was the change implemented?
• How would you assess the effectiveness of change?
7. Leadership of the change effort
• Evaluate the leadership of the change effort
• To what extent did the leaders display the core characteristics of change leadership
8. Implications & Analysis:
This section will contain all the relevant findings. This is the most important section of your work. You will analyze the results of your study. You will show a clear understanding of the nature and significance of your findings. Your analytical skills will clearly be of central importance to this section of your research. Using the Balanced Score Card, give your summary evaluation and recommendations for the change process.
9. Conclusion & Recommendations:
Relevant information to serve as the conclusion, Based upon the critical analysis of your findings you will be required to provide recommendations that, in your opinion, would have helped to improve the change implementation from an organizational development perspective.
10. Reference list
to be from articles and academic journals , and from organizational development books like:
Spector, Bert. (2009). Implementing Organizational Change: Theory into Practice (2nd edition). Upper Saddle river, NJ: Prentice Hall.