ISSA FINAL ESSAY
ISSA FINAL ESSAY
Select one learning experience in each of the six (6) sections provided. You are required to do 6 long essays, one from each of the 6 sections. Put your citations at the bottom of each page per question
1.Identify the major surface muscles located in the body. Where are the origins and insertions of these muscles? List the intended actions as well as an exercise or movement for each. A minimum of fifteen muscles is required.
2. Define Newton’s 1st, 2nd and 3rd Laws. How do these relate to an exercise? Give at least 3 examples.
3. Much has been written in popular magazines about aerobic training and how it is the only way one can burn fat. Explain this belief, evaluate it and tell why it may or may not be appropriate. Are there other ways to burn fat? If so, what are some of them?
4. Define periodization and its components. Give three different examples of when periodization can be utilized. Is periodization for everyone? If no, why not? If yes, why?
5. Find at least five Internet or magazine articles/advertisements which depict an exercise or health myth. Why do you think that the media and advertisers are pushing these myths? What should the article or advertisement say that would make the fallacy correct?
6. With the use of a computer perform a search for “free medline”. You will probably find several web sites which offer this feature. Search for research abstracts for “cancer and exercise”. Review at least twelve abstracts (no more than five years old). Based on the conclusions of these studies, how beneficial is regular exercise for cancer patients? What steps can you take to market your services to these people?