Give me liberty
Give me liberty
HOW TO TURN IT IN: In class, in paper form, NO EXCEPTIONS!
a. Two page essay
b. Have a thesis which demonstrates a change over time
c. A strong UNDERLINED thesis (a thesis is one sentence).
d. 12 point times roman font
e. Cite everything in Chicago style format
f. Topic sentences that tie your evidence to the thesis (Make sure the language of each topic sentence is taken directly from the thesis!)
g. Evidence from ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ONLY: Give Me Liberty, Zinn, critical book review presentation, Lecture (discussions), and 2 primary source presentations MINIMUM!
h. Minimum of 6 citations
1. After each round of presentations, you will have to turn in a paper written with a thesis based on the topics covered by the presentations and the readings. Make sure you show up to class in order to take notes which will inform your papers.
2. Try to hone in one element to discuss which will enrich your paper.
THINGS TO DOUBLE CHECK
1. Do not use “I” “My” “today” “now” or “We”
2. Do not use contractions (Can’t, couldn’t etc)
3. Only capitalize a word if necessary
4. Do not give a book report, it is an essay
5. No quotes or citations in a topic sentence
6. Do not include cited material in the opening paragraph
7. Take a stand, no weak thesis or topic sentences
8. It is a history paper, everything should be in the past tense.
9. Include direct quotes that are less than two lines long that support your answer.
10. Write a sentence or two to explain each quote.
11. Conclusion paragraph should explain how the evidence and findings support your thesis.