Course Learning Outcomes
Paper, Order, or Assignment Requirements
Please see upload for instructions
For each, use Intensive Care Unit (ICU) examples when possible. Each example must also be backed by a theoretical framework or philosophy. Peer-reviewed journals should be used as references for each. The references should not be over 3 years old unless using foundational information or groundbreaking research.
- Integrate and practice therapeutic and professional communication skills in relationships with individuals, groups, and communities in the nursing role.
- Apply the knowledge of health care systems and their effects on patients in advocating for change, and facilitate navigation of individuals and family through health care systems.
- Integrate professional values and ethical decision making in personal and professional life.
- Synthesize competence in the professional nursing role, by assuming the leadership role as a designer, manger, and coordinator of care, incorporating Standards of Professional Nursing Practice and Nursing Code of Ethics into own scope of practice, and establishing professional relationships with individuals, groups, and communities for the purpose of collaboration and partnership.(Use 2 peer-reviewed articles for this question or the Standards of Professional Nursing Practice and Nursing Code of Ethics when answering this question)
- Apply cultural sensitivity in promoting health of individuals, families, and groups, across the lifespan to promote holistic nursing responses in the role of the professional nurse.
- Apply clinical reasoning skills to function as a novice nurse.
- Engage in evidence-based practice and inter-professional collaboration.