Subject : Business Marketing Proposal
Using Social media as the major marketing tool for a business organization
The aim of this project is toestablish the role of social media in modern day marketing, its future, and potentials.
• To find outthe season for the continued existence of traditional marketing methods
• To promote the understanding of social media as a marketing tool
• To determine the classes of people using different social media platform, the age, level of education, occupation
• To discuss progress and challenges faced by businesses currently using social media as their major marketing tool
• To compare between the two marketing strategies
• To determine the method suitable for a particular type of business
Social Mediaishighly interactive platforms that use the internet to allow its users to exchange ideas, information, images, and videos across the internet.(Evans2010,
Pp.54).A majority of internet users spends most of their time on social media than any other site. In the US alone, time spent on these sites, rose from 66 billion
minutes in2011 to 121 billion minutes in 2012 indicating its marketing potential. Unlikethe traditional methods, if not used properly and controlled, it may ruin an
organizations reputation, leading to a huge drop in sales.(Nwankwo,2000,Pp.147)
Businesses of all sizes and types use social media to promote their currently existing products, launch a new product and to create a good reputation for the business.
The advantages of using social media arenumerous.(Meekers,2000, Pp.82).They include a wide coverage, it is free to use and easy to use, and there is an immediate
customer response. Users can also post video and audioto enhance clarity.
However,competitors can use it to their advantage by posting negative comments about the organization or its products.The business must be ready to counter these
activities byeither deleting them before the targeted group reads them or reply the negative commentswith a clarification statement.(Scott, 2009, Pp.49).
The method I plan to employ in my project is the use of questionnaires and observation due to the following reasons. (Blessing and Chakrabarti, 2009, Pp.77)
• The time and expense needed to train an interviewer is reduced when we use questionnaires
• The data obtained is uniform
• Detailed information can be obtained
• Questionnaires encourage openness in answering questions
Blessing, L. T., & Chakrabarti, A. (2009). DRM, a design research methodology. Springer Science & Business Media.
Evans, D. (2010). Social media marketing: the next generation of business engagement. John Wiley & Sons
Hoffman, D. L. & Fodor, M. (2010). Can you measure the ROI of your social media marketing? Sloan Management Review, 52(1).
Meekers, D. (2000). The effectiveness of targeted social marketing to promote adolescent reproductive health: the case of Soweto, South Africa. Journal of HIV/AIDS
Prevention & Education for Adolescents & Children, 3(4), 73-92.
Nwankwo, S. (2000). Assessing the marketing environment in sub-Saharan Africa: opportunities and threats analysis. Marketing Intelligence & Planning,18(3), 144-153.
Scott, D. M. (2009). The new rules of marketing and PR: how to use social media, blogs, news releases, online video, and viral marketing to reach buyers directly. John
Wiley & Sons.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂